Sunday 26 June 2011

GSoC 2011: Week 5

This week I worked on some of the suggestions I had received on the mailing list. Mostly I had to clean up my code, explore more of Highcharts option reference page and started work on edit mode for zoom-search.

The page now has option of selecting modes, where you could either select browse mode or edit mode. The cursor changes accordingly (pointer to crosshair) as Highcharts provides options of cursor change in case of clickable data points.

First I though of creating a popup with jQuery where I would present the form containing the fields and current values, which could be edited but now I've decided to divide my interface into two parts, one for input and the other contains the plot on the right and the datapoint content on the left. Next task was to design the form to display the current values of the datapoint. To avoid duplication of code/functionality:
  • Use edit row functionality from table browse mode or
  • Use table search page form
I had earlier organized the table search code into libraries so I went through with using it instead of table browse edit. The form looks like the table search page minus the field type, collations and operator columns. The values are updated on clicking data points. The task that remains is updating the database upon submit. I also have to optimize my code such that I don't end up redrawing the plot for every change made. I do feel that in the past week I did not do a lot of work, so this week I'll try to catch up on it. I'll try to finish the edit mode quickly and work on the feedbacks.



No comments:

Post a Comment